Sunday, July 12, 2009

I had to wear the chinese general costume again this morning because I was asked to look after the stall while the people from the main congregation view the exhibits we have put up. So I wore my costume twice, talk about value for money. And then it turned out that everybody thought I was one of the exhibits. Actually, I think I was one of the exhibits...

Throngs of people took pictures with me like I was a live Terracotta statue standing right in the atrium of Evangel Family Church. I am not complaining, its pretty fun and cute to take pictures with people ranging from old people to Filipinos to small little kids. But its a little weird to hear dialogues like

"Wow! Thats so nice! Lets put it as our wallpaper!"

And then there's this kid who went

"Uncle, what are you?"

"I am not an u... I am a chinese general." *smiley face*

"Wooooooooooow!"

I forgave the kid for saying I was an uncle after he did the 'wow' thing and was all smiles and excitement.

But do I really look like an uncle? Someone who walks painstakingly slowly, rush for seats at the MRT, talks loudly in the coffeeshop, stands at the door of the MRT train when trying to board, plays hokkien/chinese songs on his phone in public, have hokkien/chinese songs as his ring tone, spends at least 5 seconds to listen to his hokkien/chinese songs when his phone rings before answering... okay, I am generalizing very badly here.

Anyway, I have returned the costume. I spent some time thinking if I should take the public transport but decided not to. I rather spend some dollars taking a cab than to risk being questioned about why I was walking around with a spear that had bloodstains on it.

On a side note, I giggled when I saw "That's where I met my best friends in hall. Live in hall is never boring with them around!" on some brochure NTU sent me. Thank God I am not going to stay in a hall.

In closing, here's a message of hygiene for everyone

No comments: