Saturday, July 04, 2009

I was SMSing some people in the evening when my phone decided to die on me.

So I practically spent about 6 hours without my handphone, which is probably the longest time that I spent without a phone (other than when I was wearing green in the forest). However, I wasn't too affected, except for the fact that I have to tell my supper mates to "Please COME AND LOOK FOR ME when you guys are leaving. DON'T CALL ME. I have no phone."

Also, I had to call my sister to tell my parents about what happened in case they got worried. I went to the pay phone (I hardly use these things and was amazed at how different it was when I last used it!) and called my mother, who didn't pick up, and then my sister.

Me: Hello, is this Ang Pei Yi? (I had to make sure it was my sister, because I am bad at memorising numbers)

Sis: Yes... who is this...?

Me: Its me. Your brother. *acting out a tone as if I was in trouble*

Sis: What...?

Me: My phone got stolen, I mean, my phone's battery died. Can you please call dad and mum to tell them not to be worried if I get home late and they can't reach me?"

Sis: Aiyo, ma fan. OK lah.


And then, as if in accordance to Murphy's Law, so many people decided to look for me when my phone was dead.

What happened: Reached home, plugged phone into charger, turned on. And then "WOOF WOOF WOOF WOOF WOOF WOOF WOOF WOOF WOOF WOOF WOOF WOOF WOOF WOOF WOOF WOOF WOOF WOOF WOOF WOOF WOOF WOOF WOOF" (My SMS tone is a dog's barking)

No comments: