Friday, July 17, 2009

Woot! I completed FFXII, finally!

I didn't hit 99 hours, there wasn't a need to. The final battle at Bahamut didn't last more than an hour even. I think the Pharos Tower was intended to be the final dungeon more than the Bahamut is. And besides, the boss battles weren't too hard... probably because Vaan was lvl 79 and both Ashe and Balthier were above 75 (can't remember exact figures). There wasn't even a need to put Fran, Basch and Penelo (whom I levelled to 45 as a back up) into battle. :P

The ending was pretty nice. I liked it actually. :D

All the "pew pew pew" and air battles and airships flying here and there and more "pew pew pew" and "boom boom". I think the story director must have been a Star Wars fan!

Other than the fact that it was superbly visually satisfying, the ending was pretty heartwarming too. Well, no one died, thats one. Its a good ending actually, with the notions of redemption and hope of a future.

Someone fulfilled his dream of becoming a sky pirate :D and Penelo looks much prettier. Basch fulfilled his brother's dream, Ashe became queen and... I know Balthier and Fran made it, but I would have loved to see them in the ending.

When Bahamut was shown with all the vegetation all around, the Midgar in the after-credits of FFVII was in my mind. And then when Ashe comes out as a queen, Garnet from FFIX came straight into my mind too. Haha.

And and and (man its probably so gay to say this), Balthier is such such such a hero!

"Princess! No need to worry. I hope you haven't forgotten my role in this little story. I'm the leading man. You know what they say about the leading man - he never dies."


PS: Am I the only person who found no need to use an Esper other than to open the door at Giruvegan?



No comments: