Monday, July 06, 2009

SINGAPORE, July 5 - Singapore will hold its biggest anti-terror drill on Monday, simulating the deadly Mumbai attacks that killed 166 people last year, ahead of hosting an Asia-Pacific summit in November. Exercise North Star VII will involve 2,000 participants from 15 state agencies and media outlets and simulate situations such as concerted terror attacks on hotels, malls and an underground train station, the Singapore Police Force said in a statement.


Sometimes, reading such news makes one want to go back to the army again. When one can be involved in all the big hoo-hah and feel that he's really doing something important.

But then again, there's also the 101 things that will make one not want to go back to the army as well.

Anyway, 'Faith Like Potatoes' on Friday was pretty touching, despite its super straight forward plot and extremely predictable ending.

When I found out at the end that it was actually a true story and that Angus was a real guy who did real things, I was close to tears. This guy is really awesome! Its so challenging.

And well, when I saw the tractor accident... the images of the cat tragedy (does anyone still remember?) just kept coming to my mind. Well, I'll omit the details, but I was really convicted to just let the guilt go. So ya... I am feeling better already.

I was wondering how hilarious it would have been if Angus was called Jack instead. His wife is called Jill and they were farmers. Best part is that they planted potatoes.

No comments: