Tuesday, June 17, 2008

My Entrance Into 20land

I know this is a little outdated, but I am 20. Yes, 20 and 24 days old today. And er... yes, I do feel older. You know, getting onto the 20s platform, losing the identity of the 'teen'. A friend of mine told me I can now be called a 'tween', but I felt that was just being someone who don't wish to grow out of the teen, so its alright.

Seeing the slight importance of this particular birthday, and little inspiration from some of my friends, I decided that I would organise, and hold my own birthday celebration, rather than have someone else do and wait for a surprise. And being the me that I am, I decided not to go for nice and classy places, but rather, go for the 'dig in to the good food and forget where or who you are' kind of place. Thats why for my 20th birthday, I had a dinner at Melben Seafood @ Toa Payoh, 7 days after my exact birthdate.

Details of the dinner: 5 LARGE crabs (1 in beehoon, 2 Black Pepper, 2 Cream/Butter thingy), fish, pork ribs, oatmeal prawns, sambal kangkong. 8 peeps were there. All of us were satisfied. Muahaha. Meal was about s$340+ though. o_O

After the wonderful dinner, the group trotted off to Junction 8, coz it was near, and there was an intention of catching a movie. However, upon arrival, it was decided that there shall be no movie coz all the timings were really bad. So we just walked around. Went to the arcade, played some games. It was fun, not coz of the games, but very largely coz of the company that was around me, and there being some old friends whom I have not seen for some time. Friends are really important.

Then it was chilling time. We chilled at er... KFC. Haha, there was no where better anyway. Trina and Luke decided to go shopping, which really didn't seem usual but I have no idea why I didn't suspect anything at that time. They probably went for like an 1hr, and I was getting really ZzZzZ, and then they came back. Gave me a present which was really nice, and there was also a cake. 2 LARGE candles. Hai, coming of age there, Don. And I blew out the candles, served out the cake, and thought to myself "good, no pranks of face to cake smashing". But I was wrong, just as I digged into my own cake, a hand came out of nowhere and there it was, cake to face smashing.

After that we all just went on our way home. It was a splendid night though. And I went home to find out I have more new shirts to wear and a new bible to read. Really wonderful.

No comments: