Tuesday, September 30, 2008

My 3 Superb Days At F1

Been gone really long, or was I? Haha, doesn't matter, I had a fantastic 3 days at F1 and I just can't help but blog about it, put the memory in words, letting it stay on even as it fades in my brain. F1 Singtel Singapore Grand Prix 2008, thats where I was from 26 till 28th September. And well, I have to say, I had a great time.

Basically, I was at the Marina Bay Circuit from morning till evening, so I was given lots and lots of time to look through everything, soak in as much of the atmosphere as I wanted to. Took lots of pictures. Shopped. Spent lots of money. And of course, watch and listen to roaring engines as the race starts.

Its a really different experience, to be at the race site and to watch the race from a television screen. Theres the atmosphere of the entire area, theres the sound of the engines, the vibrations as the cars roars pass, and theres even the smell of burning rubber when cars brake at where you are. Also, lots of people, from all over the world.

All of the 3 nights, I would just find a nice spot, sit down or stand with my friends, put on my ear plugs, and watch the race. Can you imagine I did it for 3 nights? Haha, I did. And I didn't get bored of it. There were races in the afternoon as well, Aston Martins, Porches, BMW something something, but they can't compare to the F1 night races, haha.

I guess the best day was the last race day. Went shopping in the afternoon, and had to decide what merchandises I would want to buy. After alot of thinking, pondering, considering, I decided to buy this T-shirt from Ferrari with "Massa" on it. I had a hunch that Massa would win the race. I also bought some keychains for my family members, sweet huh? And I have to mention, the attendant who was helping us to get the shirts is so so so so pretty! Haha, but I didn't talk much with her, so wasted. Race started at night after all the track parade and stuff like that. I was so sad, Massa actually lost! Geez, so I went to buy a general F1 shirt after the race. :D

And the best part, I didn't spend a single cent to get to F1. Went there for work, and all I spent was for the merchandise, which really burnt a pretty big hole in my pocket. Work details not included. Hoho.

No comments: