Sunday, June 28, 2009

I feel whiny. Theres so much whine in me that I can probably add another chapter to the book of Lamentations.

Well, why so? Not because we lost in the finals of the Super Captain's Ball game, but because I feel that I am the cause of it. Ever get that feeling?

We lost because of an own goal. And that own goal was because someone passed the ball back to the goalkeeper. And that own goal was conceded because the goalkeeper wasn't paying attention for a split second. And guess who's the goalkeeper?

I could have just paid attention to that back pass for the second, I could have been a little faster, I could have... there's no use saying all these now, is there? Games are won and lost because of a single mistake. A wrong move is sometimes all you need to lose a war.

However, it is ultimately still a game. And in a game, there are winners and there are losers. We just got onto the losing end, its not life and death. Anyway, kudos to Region D for playing so well. Despite the mistake, I must say I enjoyed the game very much.

In a bid to relief myself of the whiny attitude, I went with some friends to watch Transformers 2, again. And that scene when Megan Fox held a bouquet of flowers and wearing a little white dress to send Sam off to college and they hugged each other, I think every straight man in the movie theatre must have went "Dang, I wish I was Sam..." Even if it actually means having to constantly run for your life and going through countless times of near death experiences.

And, SINCE WHEN CAN A TRANSFORMER TRANSFORM INTO HUMAN?!?!?! Obviously someone has been watching too much of Terminator...

Anyway, whoever you are, thanks for having the patience to listen/read through my whining. I feel much better now.

I think I should game less for the next week and start writing those model compositions for primary school kids who are learning creative writing. I tell you, kids nowadays are so well educated that they are learning hyperbole in primary school! I seriously don't remember myself even getting close to that word when I was in primary school.

No comments: