Sunday, September 10, 2006

Track And Field - Evangel Style

  • Yesterday, which is 9th september, was the 1 day special track and field event for Heart.Sports Evangel. Ya, its called Track and Field and Supergames. So basically theres the normal running events - 100m, 200m, 400m, 800m, 4 X 100m, 4 X 200m, both men and women. Each region sent 2 person to run per event. As for supergames, I am not too sure what are the games but theres Tug-Of-War, and some other telematches and a poison volleyballoon game.
  • So, I basically skip the details as I did not pay much attention at the event. But I do know that region B, my region, managed to clinch 1st for 800m (by Commando Cedric) and 4 x 200m. Impressive results. Also, Region B won all the other regions to win champion for the Tug-Of-War event. Power heavyweights like Chester and Derrick definitely added much strength to the region's pull. Chester even wore jungle boots (when Ton asked him to bring boots, Chester didn't know he meant soccer boots) and looked like a gold miner.
  • As for me, I represented the region for the 400m event with Chun Seng. Started off very slowly, I was last for half of the race. Then at the halfway mark, I start to put one gear up, then another gear, then another gear. Untill eventually I managed to catch a 2nd for the region. I was glad. The guy who got 1st was really good, he didn't slow down. Hehe, I learnt the wait then kill techniques from the documentaries I watched whereby the lions will wait for the prey to tire down then pounce for the attack. Also learnt the pushing gear technique from Weihong who paced me earlier in the morning and taught me some tips on running.
  • Another note is that the Melvin really did very well. He ran pretty fast for 200m but due to the cramp track, was only able to make it about 3rd or something. He also helped to win the 4 X 200m for region B! And the thing is he wasn't even supposed to run as he was reluctant to come for the event, but after much persuasion, he came. Then the guy who was supposed to run for 200m didn't come, so put Melvin lo. Wah, he surprised everybody.
  • So the event was concluded and region B was declared the overall winner of the event. Yeah! Region B managed to get champion for supergames and a close second for the track events against powerhouse region A. Felt really nice to know that we did well.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

"Wait Then Kill Techniques" ??? Hmmm... Try Dashing And Smashing Next Time... Boxing Style... You'll Beat Every Opponent...