Tuesday, March 02, 2010

LOL

I was going home on a bus today and there was this secondary school kid next to me typing out an SMS on his phone. Being the Kay-Poh that I am, I went ahead to spy on what he's typing. (I'm like that so don't sit next to me next time, but I don't do that to friends :D) And it went like "Lol lol...."

Immediately, I thought to myself, "Lol lol? Why do you even use 2 LOLs for? Does it even make any sense?" However, I stopped there and did a little reflection, surely I must have typed like that when I was in secondary school. I might not have used 2 LOLs, but surely I have used one.

I wonder when was it that I banned myself from using "LOL" and instead used "HAHA" to represent any form of joy or laughter in a text message. And I wonder why did I choose to ban myself from using "LOL". These memories seem to be fading.

In other news, I paid $9 today just to have a doctor advise me not to run or strain my knee for two weeks. No wonder my parents keep encouraging me to be a doctor when I was young. (although I never become one and probably never will)

And, the weather sucks.

OK, sorry if you were expecting something serious and found this instead.

No comments: