Thursday, February 24, 2005

Day Of The 'O'

The day of the 'O', thats what I call the day I get my 'O' Level results, and that day just happens to be coming soon. Haha, just a few more days before I know how I did in this major exam which I attempted months ago. What a big part of my life it is huh. Recently people have been asking me, "Hey Meng Hui, you are getting your 'O' Level reseults soon right? How do you feel? Nervous?" My straight reply is usually "Ya, kinda nervous." Actually I am. In the past few months when I just finished the papers, I don't feel nervous or edgy at all. I just feel all the joy and freedom. Holidays that last for more than 3 months is something I had not experienced in my last 10 years of schooling, and I am excluding the kindergarten days (I did not attend nursery as my mother sent me to kindergarten straight when I was just 4, making me spend 3 years in kindergarten) So I was really happy and didn't think about the results. But now, I can feel the nervousness set in. When I am alone thinking, I would think "What if the results turn out so bad that I simply can't get into polytechnic or junior college at all?" What if this and what if that. Many what ifs came bombarding my little mind. But, actually, whats there to be nervous about? Even if I am nervous, what can I do about this result of mine, which have already been printed and is now on its way from Cambridge to Singapore, or is already in Singapore. Well, being nervous sure won't change a single thing on that paper. But I don't just quit being nervous and stop there. I pray to my God. You know, praying is really powerful. I tell my God that please, let my result be this good. I may not be able to do a thing to change anything on that paper, but God can. I don't know how He is going to do it, but I just have to put my trust in Him. My God can do everything. And if my results ain't so good, it does not mean that God didn't hear me, it just means that God has something else planned for me, and I am gonna follow it.

No comments: