Thursday, June 22, 2006

World Cup 2006

  • Its that time of the 4 years. Its world cup time and its taking the world by storm. Ah, crap. Well, really, world cup is whats hot this June and July. And I am feeling the heat already! Bah, what studies, lets leave that for awhile... haha, no way, studies in the day, and world cup at night, woo hoo! Now don't tell me I don't have the energy... I know what I am doing.
  • Lets start off with the team I am rooting for. England. No, they are not fantastic. They are not as show-off as Brazil. They only won the World Cup once through the Queen's intervention. But they are still a team I support. Hey hey, I got an England ball (courtesy of Mr Brighto) and an England wrist band. That makes me a fan, ok! Why do I support England? Coz their flag bears the holy cross... ah, I think theres more to that. Not quite sure though... but you don't need a reason to support a team, right? So lets get on with it. :)
  • Hey hey, England's not doing too bad here, ya see. Top in the group with Sweden, Trinidad and Paraguay. Not bad not bad. This means they won't have to meet Germany in the next round. Not that they don't stand a chance against Germany, but well, just not yet. But poor Owen injured himself. How sad. And Rooney was throwing his temper like a kid when he was substituted out... they still pulled off a draw. Good one.
  • Lets see, many of my friends are rooting for Brazil... I mean, COME ON, obviously they will do that. Brazil won the last world cup for goodness sake. They got the stuff in there. Ronaldhino swings his leg like a dancer. Ronaldo's gone a lil fat and slow but who cares. Kaka is up and rising. OF COZ everybody will support them. Why not? Everybody wants to support a winning team. Everybody likes to don the jersey of a winning team. Why not? I don't blame them... unless... there is an upset... hehehe...
  • I have a friend who is a die-hard supporter of Portugal. To this friend of mine, I still remember. Check it out, Figo said he was gonna retire during the Euro 2004 but he's still here. Guess you must be very happy now. Dunno whether you are reading this or not, but who cares. I just write. Portugal's not doing badly too. Came up top in group D as well, winning all matches as of yet. Bravo indeed. But may the best team win :)
  • But really, no matter which team you support, let us all have good sportsmanship, or "fanmanship". No matter which team scores a goal, lets cheer. No matter which team wins the world cup, lets cheer. The ball is round and many things can happen. So, may the best country win it all ;)

No comments: