Monday, October 27, 2008

Did a few interesting things over the past few days as a result of me having too much free time from the clearing of leaves. And no, leaves do not equate to the plural of leaf. It means days that I do not need to go to work.

One of the things I did was to clear up the mess I made in my room. Stuff thats lying around on the floor, in the shelves, in the drawers. Sieving through some of the old stuff, I found some pretty interesting things that brought back many memories. My enlistment letter, letters that remind me to go do my medical check up for enlistment (3 of these as I kept delaying the check up), love letters from secondary school (fun reading them), old photos (thats how all those pics ended up on Facebook), study notes, notebooks from sec sch/JC etc etc. I ended up with 6 bags of trash. If I put all the junk together, I can make a small house for a small cat to live in. And of course, I love my room better now.

I tried my hand on touch rugby (literally) on Saturday Heart.Sports. It was fun. Totally enjoyed myself committing all the bloopers. I remember there was a time the ball came to me and I just stood there processing what to do in my mind. There are so many rules and you have to pay more concern to the rules than to the gameplay itself! But when almost everyone on the field is a newbie, the whole playing field becomes a great breeding ground for clowns and comedians.

I found out the reason for my exponential growth in body mass. Overeating. Last Saturday, I had a massive amount of chicken rice (I must admit it was really good). And this saturday, muslim food. Although I must explain, I never knew the portion was so big (I strongly suspect that the Chicken Nasi Briyani was for 2). One bowl of briyani, 2 pieces of prata topped off with milo dinosaur. Totally sent all the running at touch rugby down the drain. But then again, I can never say no to good food.

Of course, I keep getting reminded that I should be ORDing in 2 weeks time, and the sad thing is, I won't be doing that.

No comments: