Tuesday, October 07, 2008

Life has come to a stand still for me. I can't find the reason why, but everything around me just doesn't seem to matter anymore. "I just do what I have to do, and then I'll just see what happens" has been the kind of attitude that somehow got into me for the past few days. No, its not that I am unhappy about whats going on, I am actually happy, cheerful. I still carry a smile. Its just that things around me, they don't excite me anymore. I don't feel any urgency to do something. And it is actually quite a good thing, my worries are lesser, I don't feel stressed or pressured anymore. It is a good thing.

Somehow, its like I took a step back, or rather, took a step out of my life. Looked at it from a third person view, and not allowing myself to be swallowed by all the worries in my life. As I carried on doing this, I realised that, "hey, life isn't so bad, you just have to not be so concerned about so many things." For example, I don't have to be so concerned about finding a girlfriend. Theres plenty of time, plenty of opportunity for me. Whats the rush? Why am I being pressured by other people? Whats the point of having a girlfriend now anyway?

So now, when something good happens to me, I'll say "hey, thats really good." And if something bad happens to me, I'll say "ah, thats not so good, but its ok, it won't be forever." Or if I have to do something that I don't feel like doing, I'll say "well, lets just get this over and done with." Theres no longer the complication of "oh, what am I gonna do?!". If I get to take a break from work, good. If not, I'll just work, its my job anyway.

Casting unnecessary stress away is definitely a good thing, but it cannot turn me into a passive person. Neither should it turn me into a short sighted person. There must always be an active spirit, having the passion to excel in what we do, and yet at the same time, not creating extra pressure or stress on ourself. And neither can I allow this relax mode to make me lose my foresight, my vision. There must always be plans for the future, but theres no need to be too stressed over something that we do not know about anyway.

For now, all that concerns me are God, family, friends, work. :D

No comments: