Saturday, October 18, 2008

Exodus 6:4 "I also established my covenant with them to give them the land of Canaan, where they lived as aliens."

Exodus 14:21-23 "Nevertheless, as surely as I live and as surely as the glory of the Lord fills the whole earth, not one of the men who saw my glory and mircaculous signs I performed in Egypt and in the desert but who disobeyed me and tested me ten times - not one of them will ever see the land I promised on oath to their forefathers."

Numbers 20:12 "But the Lord said to Moses and Aaron, 'Because you did not trust me enough to honor me as holy in the sight of the Israelites, you will not bring this community into the land I give them."

Deuteronomy 34:4 "Then the Lord said to him, 'This is the land I promised on oath to Abraham, Isaac and Jacob when i said, 'I will give it to your descendants.' I have let you see it with your eyes, but you will not cross over into it.'"

Joshua 1:2-3 "Moses my servant is dead. Now then, you and all these people, get ready to cross the Jordan River into the land I am about to give them - to the Israelites. I will give you every place where you set your foot, as I promised Moses."

Joshua 1:6 "Be strong and courageous, because you will lead these people to inherit the land I swore to their forefathers to give them."

Are you like the Israelites? Letting God's promised gift for you slip out of your hands because of some mistake? And now, after going one big round, after spending all the time going in circles, you are right back at the gates to God's promise again. This time, having been changed by your travels, like a new generation of the Israelites, will you take courage, overcome the obstacles that you are facing, enter the land and fight for it, knowing that your God is faithful.

No comments: