Thursday, December 25, 2008

Matthew 1:18 ~ 25

"This is how the birth of Jesus Christ came about: His mother Mary was pledged to be married to Joseph, but before they came together, she was found to be with child through the Holy Spirit. Because Joseph her husband was a righteous man and did not want to expose her to public disgrace, he had in mind to divorce her quietly.

But after he had considered this, and angel of the Lord appeared to him in a dream and said, "Joseph son of David, do not be afraid to take Mary home as your wife, because what is conceived in her is from the Holy Spirit. She will give birth to a son, and you are to give him the name Jesus, because he will save his people from their sins."

All this took place to fulfill what the Lord had said through the prophet: "The virgin will be with child and will give birth to a son, and they will call him Immanuel" - which means, "God with us"

When Joseph woke up, he did what the angel of the Lord had commanded him and took Mary home as his wife. But he had no union with her untill she gave birth to a son. And he gave him the name Jesus."

Happy birthday to you Jesus!

Christmas is finally here and we celebrate the birth of our Lord Jesus Christ. Everyone knows the story, of the baby born in a manger in Bethlehem, and of the shepherds who heard "Glory to God in the highest heaven, and on earth peace among those whom he favors!", and also of the wise men who came from the east to bring gifts to honour Jesus Christ.

A friend once asked me, "why is it that we have to give presents to people during Christmas?" My answer was, because it was on this day that God gave us His one and only son, to be destined to die on the cross, to save their entire mankind from the penalty of our sins, eternal death. Because of this, we celebrate, we give gifts because God has given us His son for our salvation.

Christmas is a time when we generously give, and graciously receive.

The most important present, thats given to all of us, is salvation. Salvation through Jesus Christ. And I really thank God for this precious gift that He has given us way way before I was even born.

It is because of God that I am who I am today, that I know the people I know today. I remember the times when He kept me from going wayward during my backslidden secondary school days despite of all the temptations around me, the time when He preserved my life in the car accident which snapped my bike into 2, the time when He made me go into junior college knowing that its the best for me, despite of me wanting to go into polytechnic, and the times when He gave me the wisdom to go through my examinations, helping me to get into university, when He was with me during my days in Army, when it seems like no one else was by my side, when He put me in the unit that I am in, knowing that its the place which I will enjoy working, and indeed I am enjoying myself, and also when He helped me to earn the contract, given to only 2 people in the unit. For all these, I thank God, and all glory be unto Him.

And of course, I also received presents from many of my precious friends! To Jovin, Aunt Candy, Dixon, Trina, Luke, Stephanie, Melvin, Sylvia, Linton and Michelle, Samuel, Yinlai, Wendy, Lilin, Lilian, Shuting, Zhiwei, Singdee, my Sister, Jeff.... not sure if still got more, sorry if I forgot a name, thank you guys so so much for the wonderful gifts!

Had an amazing fellowship at... Cassourina road? Not sure how to spell it, but its at Thomson Road, with an amazing gang made up of *drum rolls* Dixon, Yinlai, Shawn, Aik Khim, Jovin, Aunt Candy, Jiayan, Jiani, Wenyi, Samuel. Yes, I am the only person from Region B who is there. And oh, its also very interesting that there at least 2 other groups from Evangel who were at the same place we ate at!

And, last but not least, Christmas this year is extremely special. Thats because a small sleepyhead came into my life, turned it upside down and brought, oh, so much joy to me.

Keep smiling people, because thats what I've been doing this Christmas :D

No comments: