Thursday, October 08, 2009

Post No. 280

Hey er... just wanna let everybody know that I am still alive... ack, what I am saying.

Well, I just completed my essay and thought its a good time to blog a little... considering that I do not know when exactly I will be able to blog next.

I feel very encouraged and at the same time disappointed when I received the results of my first graded assignment. Its just a little writing (nothing near being an essay) for my writing class, and I got an A-. That's the encouraging part. The disappointing part is this: I missed out on the A because of.... GRAMMATICAL ERRORS! Vomit blood. How could I still make grammatical mistakes at this level... why I was using inconsistent tenses, I do not know.

Anyway, I was... I would say irritated, irked, annoyed by someone (that I do not know) while I was going home this evening. This is what happened:

I reached the station, stood at the exit and prepared to get out of the train. As the door opened, there was this woman who stood in my way (I mean, this is something I see almost all the time, considering we are in Singapore).

And guess what?

She said "EXCUSE ME", and in an irritated tone somemore.

GRRRRR! EXCUSE ME?? Well, EXCUSE ME, woman, you are the one blocking MY way. Which part of "Please allow passengers to ALIGHT BEFORE BOARDING" do you not understand? Do you not understand what those lines and arrows in yellow on the floor mean???

EXCUSE ME??

I'm afraid Singaporean's courtesy level has reached a new low...

.... I should get some sleep now.

No comments: