Saturday, June 25, 2005

A Living God

Once again I feel like talking about my God, so if you are sensitive to religious issues, just kindly move your mouse the the "X" at the top right hand corner of your screen and click it.
Ok, my God is a living God. Meaning, He is not dead. This is the most wonderful thing in christianity. Jesus isn't dead. He came down to this earth, died on the cross for all our sins, and ROSE AGAIN. Ok, the reason why I capped the "rose again" is because this is real important! 1 Corinthians 15 of the Bible tells us that if Christ has not risen from the dead, all of our faith would have been wasted, Christianity wouldn't even exist! This "rose again" is so important because it shows that the God which we believe in has actually beaten death! Some of you might ask why is this so important. Well, it is important because, Jesus has promised all of us, that if we believe in Him, we will have eternal life. And the only way to have eternal life is to beat death. If Jesus did not rise again and beat death, wouldn't the promise be a fake? Jesus told His disciples that he would rise from the dead after 3 days and He did. Imagine if He did not rise from the dead, wouldn't His disciples just walk off and not continue Christianity? So yes, indeed Jesus has rose again, beaten death and we can be assured He can give us eternal life. I'm not critisising other religions but Christ is the only God that rose again! Buddha did not rise from the dead, neither did whatever gods there are. No other gods that are worshipped has ever risen again except Jesus Christ.
Jesus Christ rose again to prove that He is the Son of God, that He has power over death, that He can give us eternal life, that He is the Living God. I wouldn't want to worship a dead god, neither do I worship dead ancestors, as all these are dead, buried somewhere or are even in ash, they can't help me to achieve eternal life when I die, coz they can't even do it themselves! I worship a Living God that can speak to me, one that can help me. A Living God that has beaten death and will surely be able to grant me everlasting life. John 3:16 "For God so loved the world that He gave His only Son, that whoever believes in Him shall not perish but have eternal life."

No comments: