Monday, September 07, 2009

Post No. 274

I went to the Army Open House 2009 and I truly enjoyed myself.

Tried to ask for at least 1 more person to come with me as I won myself a pair of tickets to ride the chinook but to no avail. Everybody was either too busy, simply not interested or just couldn't be bothered. Some even doubted that the chinook ride would be in the air, that it was just a stationary tour in the chinook on land. -_-"

Regardless, I went by myself anyway. Met up with some old friends from the unit and took some time to tour around as well. There was really ALOT to see and ALOT to do. The whole open house was so big that I couldn't visit all the areas. But I enjoyed myself nonetheless.

Chinook ride was superb. It was a first for me and I really loved it. As we approach the chinook, you can really feel the downwash (wind coming down from the helicopter's blades) and the heat from the exhaust. And then when it takes off, well, it was exhilarating. You can feel the chinook's every turn and rise and fall. Simply amazing. Putting it in words is simply doing the experience injustice, and I shall not try any further.

After the ride, I went on to visit the other exhibits. Met up with more old friends from the unit and messed around here and there. I asked alot ALOT of questions, like I'm some sort of tourist. I tried everything I could try and took pictures of almost everything I saw. I even tried the combat rations! Yes, I know its horrible. But the open house played a cheat. They went to heat up the rations and it turned out pretty nice. NOTE: WE DO NOT HAVE A CHANCE TO HEAT RATIONS WHEN IN JUNGLE. DO NOT BE TRICKED!

And then as I was touring some exhibits concerning BMT and asking some questions, the corporal asked me

"When are you going to enlist in the army?"

*Shocked* "Er? Er... soon.. soon...."

This became the joke of the day. A NSF Corporal asked a NSman 2nd Sergeant when he is going to enlist. But I shall not blame him, I did not wear my uniform, and most importantly, I look YOUNG! *maniacal laughter*

Oh, but I couldn't find the bomb disposal game! Doesn't matter.

Happy day :D :D

No comments: