Wednesday, December 29, 2004

What Does The Future Hold For Me?

That question has hit my mind for quite a couple of times already. Seriously, I do not know what I will be like in the future. Sure, I have my goals and ambitions, everybody has them, but I just do not know what I will be like in the next few years. Will I look good, drive a car, have lots of money, a good career? I sure hope I do. But life don't always turn out the way you plan it to be. Ya, you can plan and then work hard to achieve your goals. Many people say that will work. But what if something crops up and your life and ambitions are all ruined just like that? Say a car accident. When I was in secondary 1, just stepped into secondary school, the same question struck my little brain: What will I be like when I leave this secondary school? Some thoughts came up, like being the top of school. Sadly, i didn't achieve that. But what I achieved was so much better and made me happier: Friends. Really good friends whom have brought me through the 4 years in secondary school. No doubt there have been quarrels between us, but it did not destroy nor weaken our relationship. Thus, that proves the saying that the best gift is the best friend. What does the future holds for you then? Some people do think about this. We can never anticipate what lies in the future. Looking at the path ahead, many roads can be seen. Some straight and some not. Sure, you can see where the roads lead to and how straight and easy to walk on it is. But you can never see when robbers, landslides, earthquakes or other undesirable things will come and force you to change the road of which you take. What are your ambitions of life? Once my friends and I sat down and we talked about this. Many people have many different ambitions. For me, I want to have a good career, a car, a house and a happy family. My friends want to do something for the animals, some want to invent something for the good of all mankind. Will we achieve our ambitions? I sure hope we will. Work hard for it, and the chances of achieving it will greatly increase. I look forward to all of us achieving our ambitions and when we do, still friends we are, and friends we will be.

No comments: