Tuesday, January 25, 2005

Tongue, Probably The Most Cunning Weapon Ever

What do you use a tongue for? Tasting, talking, getting food stuck between your teeth out, making monkey faces... on and on. The tongue is definitely full of uses. But that doesn't necessarily means its full of good uses. It can be used wrongly too. How? By talking bad. When this happens, the tongue becomes a very poisonous thing. It starts to wagger about insulting people. Thats bad. I mean, what do people get in insulting other people? I don't suppose they get anything. And we must respect other people. Insulting is not respect, definitely. The feeling of being insulted is really terrible. Sometimes its worse when you did not even do a thing then you got insulted. Sounds illogical? Some people do that. No idea why. And some even insult people in their backs, total cowards. Well, I've been taught since I was a very young kid to control my tongue and not insult people or anything, although sometimes I slip, its etched very deeply in my mind. Some people find pride in insulting people, consider it as a skill... well, it is a skill, but er... never mind, leave you to figure that out. I'm not saying you cannot jokingly insult somebody. Its totally fine by me. But take note that there is always a limit for jokes and know your limit. Some people cannot take jokes then just leave them be, don't further agitate them. Another bad thing about this poisonous tongue is the usage of profanities. Profanities means vulgarities. Its bad. Not nice to hear it. I suppose everyone was taught since young not to scold such things. But its very commonly heard. Gives me the image that the person is very unruly. And again, some people find it a sort of pride to scold profanities... huh... -_-" I don't have to talk much about profanities, everyone knows its bad. Then some people gossip too. Gossiping is not good as well. You know, commenting about other people with other people... and its bad comments mind you. No good. Ok, some people might ask me why all the things mentioned above aren't good? Well, if someone is to insult you, scold profanities at you, or gossip about you, would you feel good? I don't need to know the answer. So I suppose its always good to learn to control your tongue and not let it wagger too much untill it becomes a poisonous thing.

No comments: