Wednesday, November 23, 2005

Hotwheels!!!!

YES! Finally after about 8 months of waiting, the bike can hit the roads again! Yep, I have finally completed the bike restoration programme and the bike is now fully functional. For all of you who don't know, my cycle was rendered disfunctional about 8 months ago due a pathetic car accident. For 8 months, the bike laid motionless in my room. The bike restoration plan was started during late October this year. The plan was to, of course, restore the bike to back to functioning condition. It is not a simple task. I started out by going around many different bike shops and going online to look for good deals and compare different prices. All this took about a month to finish. Finally I caught a very fantastic deal online and brought my bike down to the shop to fix. I would not provide the details but the deal was really quite a bargain. The bargaining and negotiations took about 5 days to complete as there many parts of the bike to be discussed. Finally, on 21st November 2005, I brought my bike down to this nice shop to be fixed. The repair process took one day to complete. On 22nd November 2005, which is also my sister's birthday (for more information about this can go to my sister's blog at http://neverperfect-.blogspot.com), the bike was delivered to my house. Fully functional bike. Some new parts are: Giant Yukon Disc frame, disc brakes, new rims, front derailer, gear shifters and brake levers. With my fixed bike, I immediately sped off to my friend's house. Ah, I totally forgot I had to stay home to cut cake with my family! Sorry sis! When my mum called me, it was quite late already. I had half an hour to rush home but my mum wouldn't allow it. She was worried enough since the car accident so of course she wouldn't allow me to speed home. So, I just spent the midnight cycling around Bukit Gombak neighbourhood then stayed at my friend's home to watch Man U play Villareal. After that, we cycled for lunch then went home. And thats that. Reached home and I started blogging... typing this post and posting it...

No comments: