Monday, November 21, 2005

Shopping, Not My Favourite Past Time

Imagine walking and walking and walking, at your left and right side are temptations that aim to rip a hole off your wallet. You continue walking with no aim at all, just walking and throwing yourself into temptation of spending money like nobody's business... Thats a situation I don't like to be in. And more than often, I find myself in this situation. Yes, you have no choice but to go shopping when you are out with girls. My sister in particular is one person who so loves shopping that she can spend hours walking around a 1km by 1km compound. No kidding. Wait, don't get me wrong. I still likes to go down to orchard road to buy stuff, but not shopping. I don't like the idea of walking around an area with no real intention or aim, looking at items through a glass panel and not really able to afford it. No. I like to go shopping when I have the cash, when I know what I want and when I see it, I will buy it. Just recently I went shopping with my sis and some other friends. It was quite an experience. I would just follow them and they would go into almost every single shop that they see, and I will just stand outside waiting. Occasionally I will hear someone ask me, "Nice?" I will just take a look and give a short comment. This can go on for hours, around the same compound, into and out of same shops. Sure is some good leg exercise. Some tips for guys out there though. Don't ever complain outwardly to your female shopping companion that you are tired or bored, just keep it to yourself and hope that they will end their shopping trip fast. If you really can't take it anymore, suggest to go for a meal or a break. If the girls ask you for comment, give your comment. Don't try to act cool by acting indifferent. Don't give false comments coz you won't want people to waste their money buying ugly things. When shopping with girls, just stand behind and follow them, don't ask why, just follow. Don't try to get a seat at any opportunity you get, it will only create a bad impression of yourself. And lastly, if you agree to go shopping with them, go shopping with them. Don't try to excuse yourself or leave halfway no matter how boring or tiring it may be. Be a gentleman for goodness sake.

1 comment:

zihao said...

hey..if u got tiz problem thn dun go shopping lar..haha.. i nv hv tiz problem.. i only go to shops i noe i can afford..who ask u visit places that u cant afford e goods dere... next time go paragon 2 shop lar...cheers "/