Wednesday, October 25, 2006

The Journey South

  • Before I tell you about my journey south on 21st October 2006 to Sentosa, I would like to say sorry to people who had been wondering where moi has gone to. Well, I didn't really have the mood to blog the past few days and when I had the mood, blogger decided to play punk on me by not allowing me to post. So only now then I get to blog.
  • Ok, so 21st October 2006. Where did I go? I went south, south to Sentosa! Oh yeah, its Deepavali so there was free time to go. Public holiday. People are free, EVERYBODY. We didn't really realise that, and we went to Sentosa to get a big shock, more about that later.
  • So I woke up at 7am to give Miss Christine a morning call. Christine is someone who needs to be woken up coz she jus sleeps and sleeps and the next thing you know is she will be late. So I calld her at 7am, and all the way untill 7.40am I think. I don't know how many times I call her already and she just didn't pick up the phone. After checking with Christine, the record was 10 miss calls and the 11th picked up. Ok, so she finally woke and I had to go bathe and all.
  • Met Maverick at CCK interchange 9am. Took bus 188 to Harbourfront to meet the Christine, Ryan, Marilyn, Alex, Agnes, Jinglong(dunno if it is spelled this way) at the MRT. Taking 188 from CCK to harbourfront is really... long... long... journey... 1 hour of bus ride. Ok, after a dreadfully long bus ride, we finally met the gang. Had food at the hawkercentre then head off to Sentosa. Took a cab there coz... the queue for the bus was super long la! It was as if Singapore was sinking and Sentosa is the only island left standing and everybody is evacuating there. I realised many indians in the queue but never really bothered about it. They deserve a break anyway.
  • So the cab vroom vroom us to Palawan beach, which after spending a short time there, we decided to head to Siloso beach. Palawan beach was packed, which I should have already figured out coz it was public holiday. I actually wanted to head over to my favourite isle opposite the beach to camp one, but upon a closer observation, I decided not to. My favourite isle had been invaded. By the indian army. I shall not go into the racists part but there was really too many people there. It seemed as if they were playing wrestling there. So the gang camped at the normal beach. Found a stone beside a tree and jus slack there. It was very hot, even when I am wearing singlet. Surprisingly the sand was not so hot and good to stand. Had some fun in the water and the curious Alex and Maverick swam over to the isle to check it out. They came back with the report and named it 'Black Ville', which I jus adapted it as 'Black Isle'.
  • Then some indians decided to jus park themselves at the tree next to our stone. So for safety reasons, we had to take turns to perform guard duty while the rest play. Then the indians jus decided to jus strip themselves down to jus undergarments! I was shocked, and so were the girls. This particular guy was jus wearing a skimpy thin cloth underwear and jus waltzing around. I saw the backview of him and couldn't bring myself to see the front. What horror.
  • Then we jus had fun at Sentosa lo. I built my water storage thing again the gang joined in too. Dunno why but I just like to build this thing whenever I am at a beach. Ok, so after getting sunburnt at Sentosa due to me not putting the suntan lotion properly, we headed to Vivo City to have food and slack. The place is BIG, and surely is Singapore's largest mall. Took a directory and looked for Burger King, and jus could not find it. So the gang jus rested at Carl's Jrs while I go look for BK myself. After scouting, I discovered that it was not even open. -_-" Carl's was expensive but theres freeflow of drinks, which is really cool coz we drank alot while playing 'Mafia/Murderer' at the place.
  • Then we went to the playing centre at Vivo City and we played. Played games like catching, hide and seek. We also played 'Octopus', which is jus a game adapted from catching, just that once a person is caught, he/she will join the catcher in hands and catch other people untill everyone hold hands. Interestingly, there were 8 of us there, the number of legs an octopus have. Maybe thats why Christine called it octopus.
  • After playing, everyone got tired and decided to go home. It was late, we got a drink and took the train back. I got sunburnt, though its not as bad as the last time. What a day isn't it.
  • Testimony: after the day, I checked the PSI for the day and realised that when we went to Sentosa, the PSI actually started dropping and was dropping all the way untill we left Sentosa. Then it rose again. Well, all praises to the Lord it has to be! Prayers work.

No comments: