Friday, October 13, 2006

One Moment In Time

  • One Moment In Time - thats the theme for my farewell assembly today. Farewell assembly basically means that I am leaving college. I am leaving Pioneer Junior College which I had been in for the past 2 years. Or 21 months, not considering the 1st 3 months which I was not in. Today is the last day of college life. Basically we took many photos and photos and photos. Some people gave me gifts and ESPECIALLY cards with meaningful messages about how they felt about me in the past 2 years. Farewell assembly had many teachers performing for the graduating batch and at the end, we sang the college anthem (school song). This was probably the 1st time I sang the college anthem with my heart. And the last time. Its always like this isn't it.
  • But what made this day most meaningful is the fact that I reflect upon the past 2 years, and cherish my friends who have been with me through the 2 years. Basically, I thought of all these things I will miss. I will miss: my friends who joked with me and worked with me and played with me and suffered with me, the sprinting to the gate just before it closes, the preparation for the national anthem, getting prepared to command the school for the anthem, squeezing with everybody to get into our classrooms, shuffling up the stairs with everyone, the fear in me when I realised I forget my homework, the panic as I quickly try to do a sketchy work so I won't be scolded, the yearning for the break after the class, the dreading of the class after the break, the queueing up for food which takes 10 minutes, the chinese rice stall and the malay rice stall, the drinks vending machine which increased its price by 10cents, the yearning for lessons to end so I can get out of school, the dreading of running the 2.4km, getting panic before tests, squeezing onto the bus when going to school and getting home, the fear in us when the teacher comes in with a black face, the fear in us when the teacher comes in holding our exam scripts, being late for PE always, playing pranks on friends, pulling our friends to go toilet with us and getting pulled, waking up at 6am and getting a bath with eyes still half open, falling a sleep on the bus to school, wrote homework in the notebook but forgot to look at notebook, refusing to do the homework even after we see it in the notebook, procastinating to do the homework as deadline is still far and still not doing it even after deadline is up, no toilet paper in the toilet and being super urgent, soccer after school, walking around the school doing nothing, tell myself that I will close my eyes for only 2 mins in class and wake up next thing to find the lesson over, doodling cartoons on the lecture notes, sitting down at the canteen and jus slack, opening the locker and look inside even when we don't need to take anything out of it, feeling annoyed when people keep asking you for money to pay for the notes, saying hi and bye to the security guards even though I don't know them, getting sent out of class for not doing work or bring notes.
  • And I will also miss my friends and classmates who have had the fun, the work and the struggle together: Bright Ong who always ask me play soccer and play music and live so near to school lo, Alvin Tan who is always so worried about his studies but really shouldn't coz he's good enough alr, Vipul who is always so interesting and never fail to amaze me with what he is up to, Cheurn Hsi who is always so non-chalant and uses zen-sleeping style to sleep in class, Jonathan who is so good and soccer and crappy also, Sankaran(dunno how to spell the name!) who is also crappy and reluctant to play soccer but always give in to us.
  • And I will also miss my teachers who taught me so painstakingly! : Miss Kat my form teacher who teach me econs and always never fail to do her best to answer my witty questions:), Mr Dennis Yeo who teaches my gothic lit and is so witty!!!, Mr Sas who is so fierce in class but is really a good teacher who cares alot for his students:), Miss Nikki Beh who is so cheery always, Mr Osman who got such a charming smile and always wear nice nice when he is in a good mood, Mr Chia who is always teaching with a smile and nv fail to entertain with his lameness, Mdm Hyati who is always so concerned lo!!
  • And of coz, I will miss my 2 years life in PJC, and this one moment in time will always be etched in my heart.

No comments: