Thursday, August 06, 2009

Post No.265

I nearly cried on the train today when I was reading The Kite Runner. Sheesh.

Attended the welcome ceremony today and received LOTS of goodies. Haha. We were then made to wear this gown which I suspect we will be wearing again in 4 years time and recite this pledge which I have forgotten by the time I sat on the chair again. Kind of felt like when I was enlisted 2 years ago. Met up with the professors, and well, I suppose there's alot to expect and its better that I get myself working already.

School is starting in a week's time and I have alot alot of reading to be done. And I actually foolishly thought that I had so much free time and was wondering what to do for the last week of holidays.

Just some examples of what will be on my mind for the months to come:

- HAMLET --> all time favourite

- THE WOMAN WARRIOR --> memoirs of a chinese in America...

- PUDD'NHEAD WILSON --> I was ?? at first as well, but its actually a play about crime-solving. Mystery.

- SONG OF MYSELF --> can't escape poetry

- THE AUTOBIOGRAPHY OF BENJAMIN FRANKLIN --> they say its for the American Literature module. Oh well.

- THE NORTON ANTH... --> sorry, its too hard for me to type the title out. Its a very useful book. Other than for studying literature, one can also use it for strength training and murder. Oh yes, did I mention there's a volume 2 as well? (there could be even more volumes, but I don't want to think about it now)

I shall stop here. That makes up... around half of my reading list.

Time to get started.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I want to read The Woman Warrior.

~st

The Jellydrink said...

Haha, okay... you can read The Woman Warrior... aiyo, how come so serious ah, ST? :D