Saturday, July 01, 2006

Back from 'Live' Germany Argentina Match

And this is Don reporting from his computer after watching the match between host Germany and Argentina. So who won? Of course is Jermani! Germany I mean. Like I said in my previous post, "Germany with their Panzers and Howitzers" will win. And so they did! But not easily. 0 - 0 was the score at half time, then Argentina scored and lead by 1 goal! Germany nearly went nuts and a riot was brewing outside the stadium (I think). Then after about half an hour, Germany equalised to get back into the game! The score 1 - 1 stuck through the normal game play, then continued into extra time, then into penalty shoot-outs. Germany scored all 4 penalties while Argentina got only 2, making Germany win on penalties with the score 4 -2. One thing to note though, people at the place where I was seem to hate Ballack as when he was taking his penalty, people at the place where I was were jeering and cursing him to miss his penalty, but of course he didn't. Anyway, so the 1st to go through to the semi-finals is host Germany. In about 20 minutes, battle between Italy and Ukraine will happen. I say the italians have a good chance in winning this one, although both countries were part of the Axis in the past (no link). But I am not going to watch that. Need to sleep.

No comments: