Saturday, July 29, 2006

Marlin does it again!

  • Yes, we did it again! 5-a-side field soccer champions! Woohoo! It was a 1 day event and there were a total of 12 matches, 3 match per team and 15minutes per game. Knockout system so that means you need to win all your matches. If you lose once, you won't be champ.
  • So we start off with the qualifying part. Against C1. We are called B1. 2 teams per region so there B1 and B2. Won this one 2-1. Oh yeah, I am the goalkeeper. The guy 'oleh' me, putting the ball into the goal through my legs. Aiyo, so paiseh lah... Thank God we got 2 goals :)
  • So we are into the major semi-final. The loser go to the minor semi-final, they fight for 5th, 6th, 7th and 8th position. The winner fight for 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th position. And in the major semis, we won again by 3-1! Yeah! We scored 2 goals from freekicks, pro la! And that 1 goal I conceded turned out to be an own goal from one of my defenders. Aiya... nvm la, still managed to win. :)
  • Now, we are into the major final. This means we fight for 1st or 2nd position. Alright, this game was really stressful. I was already feeling the pressure even before the game started. Then I went in to do my thing. Came an opportunity for my opponent. My defence was open and I was the only thing between the opponent and the goal. The guy shot and aimed to 'oleh' me again. It didn't happen, I learnt my lesson and it hit my legs instead. So no goal for them. Then the same thing happened again. I was left by myself. The guy shot up and I just raised my hands. It hit my hands! Wah, thank God, turned out to be pretty nice save. After that, I was replaced by Chun Seng as goalkeeper so I hanged up my gloves early. Then we scored a goal from a freekick! But the opponent also scored a goal shortly after that and we went into penalty shootout.
  • Each team gets 3 shots and winner to the best of 3. Both teams got their 1st goal. Then the opponent missed their 2nd while we got ours. After that, we scored again and it was over! We won 3-1 on penalties. And yes, we are the champions, again! Food vouchers!!!! Alright! :o)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Boxers Hang Their Gloves... Soccer Players... Even For Keepers... They Hang Boots... Anyone Headbutt?