Thursday, March 17, 2005

Aftermath Of A Crash

Its been more than a week since I got my first experience with bike meet car. The wounds have healed extremely fast, and the aches that were all over my body have disappeared. Surely this is the work of God. And now, my bike still remained as it was after the bang. I did not bother to repair it, as the repair works basically could mean changing a whole big part of the bike. It would proabably cost hundreds near a thousand dollars, and I wouldn't go for cheap replacements. So I guess I would just leave it there untill I save enough money for a new frame. The accident is now a past experience, but I still cannot stop thinking about it. Its really a miracle that nothing happened to me except that few grazes. However, I somehow got traumatised by this experience. I get scared by moving cars which are near me nowadays. I prefer to be on the pedestrian walkway rather than on the road. I become very cautious of the traffic. Is it good or bad, that now I am more concious of traffic rules. Haha. I am not going to leave biking life though. Although my bike is now unworkable, I still want to go biking like how I used to be. I'll one day get my bike fixed up and go biking again. My passion for biking ain't gonna get quenched by this crash, its gonna be the same. However, something will definitely be changed. I'll become extra extra careful of the traffic whenever I decide to go on two wheels again. As the chinese saying goes "The Road = Tiger's Mouth", very crude translation, but I suppose you guys can understand.

No comments: