Friday, March 25, 2005

College Life - Not Too Much Of A Nightmare, Not A Dream Either

And thats it, I am in college and there ain't a thing I am going to do about it. Appeal options are available in every poly but I am not going to trouble myself, despite of all the advice from some of my friends that perhaps I should appeal for poly. Ok, for two days I was in Pioneer JC and life don't suck there. I really appreciate what they do for the orientation. They try very hard to make the new peeps feel welcomed in the JC, and I can say they pretty much has succeeded. I actually felt this sense of being lost again, the same feeling I felt everytime I get into a new institution. The first day I was in JC, I didn't talk to a single person except for my friends from secondary school who were with me in PJC. The second day, I talked to a boy in my orientation group, and that led us to talk to another boy in the same orientation group. Then thats it, there were only 3 boys in our OG. The rest were all girls. So ok, we talked to the girls, and the girls talked to us. Then our whole OG started talking. Thats great, I have new friends in new college, yeah. Ok, the 1st day in JC was extremely boring, so was the start of the 2nd day. They did nothing but admin stuff, that means speeches after speeches after speeches. I actually paid attention, afraid that I might miss something important that I needed to know in the JC. And then we started opting for subject combinations. The rest could opt, but not me. On my form was "Please see Vice Principle For Subject Combination". And I did as the paper told me. I was posted to a class that has econs, geo, eng lit, general paper and chinese AO. I could not opt, they gave me only one choice and I was approved straight away, great-_-" And the games, helped to know each other. And the dance, pretty interesting. Well, I guess JC life isn't so much of a nightmare afterall.

No comments: