Wednesday, March 09, 2005

Car Vs Bicycle

Today is a day when the car actually meets the bicycle. Yes, my bicycle. If you have guessed already, a car hit my bicycle today. By God's grace, I am still alive and kicking. It seems so weird to be just in front of the face of death at that time. I didn't even know I was knocked down by a car. Well, it all starts from yesterday when I cycled to my friend's house for a night of soccer watching. And after the tv session in my friend's house, I proceeded home on my bike. Oh did I mention that it was an overnight at my friend's house, so I didn't get any sleep at all. So I just cycled home, thinking of what wonderful sleep I will get when I reach home. I realised that there were many people on the pedestrian walkway, so I decided to turn into the main road to cycle. I looked for cars, clear. So I went out, and, "BAM!" The next thing I knew I was flying through the air. In my mind was "What the heck just happened?!" Then I dropped on the ground, my bike some metres away from me. I cleared my mind and realised that I was hit by a car. So I stood up and looked at the car. Smashed windows, dented front. Looks serious, I inspected myself, grazed knee and elbow. So I took my bike to the pedestrian walkway, where it is now packed with many pedestrians, of course. They start shooting me with questions like, "Are you all right?" Basic procedure. I told them I was all right and they insisted that I go see a doctor. Ok, so I went with the driver to the doctor. He covered my medical fees, how nice. I was confirmed to be alright. So I took my bike and walked home. The bike is no longer in a workable condition, although it looked fine on the outside. And I reached home. This time, I really want to thank God for saving my life like this. He really protected me this time. I thought I was gonna die but God actually helped me to escape with only extremely minor injuries. Thank You so much God! Damage Report: Car with smashed windows and dented front, $2000 to repair. Bike with broken frame and deformed brake handles, don't feel like repairing. Meng Hui with grazed knee and elbow, $44 of medical fees. Meng Hui with a blue black on his butt, some medicated oil. Winner: Meng Hui And His Bike, Plus the help of his God!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

hey u realli gotta thanks God and make a good testimony. hahas.
you are very lucky, in fact, for the driver paid for ur medical fees. and he gotta pay $2000!
well well well, u oso gotta thank God for he wanted it to be settled privately when u are e one who dashed out of e road. hahs!
get well soon! no bikes for u.. wonder if my la bi xiao xin vcds can let u kill ur boredom for hw long. hehs!

-PEACE OUT-

from,
your very irritatin sista x)

Maurice said...

haha.. i suppose u were wearing full-body adamantium armor man.. survive juz liddat.. even dented e car until liddat.. god blessed u man..
moral of e story: dun cross e road when u are dreaming, and drunk on tiredness..