Saturday, May 23, 2009

Its finally over! The region event, Hide and Seek. Finally, I can breathe a sigh of relief.

This event, is among all the other events that I have participated in, the most tense, and most rushed event ever. At least thats how I feel.

I got my script 2 weeks before the event, and it was really crap. So we tried for one week to rehearse it, and then just 1 week before the event, we decided to heavily amend it. Can you believe it? With just one week left, we are still doing MAJOR amendments?! I remember during Split Second, which was our event last year, the final rehearsal was already done by this time.

So we spent Monday, and Tuesday going through lines after lines, matching emotions and words, amending almost every single thing. Sometimes, in the heat of discussion, voices were raised and it seemed so hostile. And we still had to work into the midnight on Thursday to tie up all the loose ends. You would be amazed, that what happened on Sunday during the walk through, it was completely different than on Friday, which is the main event. I remember on Sunday, I thought to myself "What a joke.."

All I have to say is, THANK GOD! Even during the final rehearsal which was 2 hours before event hour, things were still not up to standard. Emotions were not expressed properly, people were still forgetting lines. And the best part, some were still trying to make their way to church even 10 minutes before event hour. Simply amazing.

During the worship, I was worried to the max. I was so worried that something might just go wrong somewhere, and its not that we were very very well prepared. So there I was, half worshipping, half praying. "God, its all You now."

Acting in the 1st Act was quite a daunting task. Its what sets the mood for the other acts. So as I was standing at the back, ready to dive into my character, I was still praying "God, its now or never, its now or never, be with me!"

And God is faithful. As the spotlights threw itself onto the stage and the pair of us go darting into the show, I completely forgot who I was. I was totally in character! It was amazing. I do not know if I performed very well, but I know that it was the best show among all the rehearsals. To me, thats enough. And so did the rest of the actors/actress, all of them put up the best show on event hour. It was just, marvellous.

I am happy. For I have witnessed how God rescued us and have done such a miracle. And one thing is for sure, I feel very relieved now. All thats left to think about is Sunday's party, which I really have no idea how its going to be like, and what planning I must perform. Gosh, I am never good at these things. Maybe someone could give me a helping hand? :D

No comments: