Saturday, November 18, 2006

Exam Day 6 - The Fight Into Literature part 1

Well, this post is basically one day late. The real exam day 6 was 17th November 2006 but due to an extremely tight schedule, I was unable to blog yesterday. Therefore this post had to wait untill now.

Ok, yesterday was the 6th day I am having exams. It was English Literature Paper 8. Paper 8 is a paper called "Practical Criticism", which is also "Comment and Appreciation". So basically what you do is that you read a work of literature, and then comment on how the author uses different techniques to bring out the theme of the work. Not quite easy.

Yup, so my exam day starts with me waking up at about 12.15pm I think. My memory is starting to fail me, its been too long so I cannot really remember all the details correctly now. Well, the paper starts at 2.30pm so I guess I had some time. Woke up, got my studying materials then went to eat my lunch at home. Then just bathe and change up for school. Feeling tired, slept at 4am the previous night.

Ok, so I got onto the bus and decided to clear my mind. I need to do this especially before this paper because paper 8 is one which really requires me to have a clear head and understand the work properly. If my mind is too full of thoughts, I will be so dead. Yup, so I basically just shut my eyes and clear my thoughts and pray at the same time in the bus untill I reach school. Reached school at about 2.05pm I think.

2.05pm, I finally reach school. Sat down with Izzat and Evan to study. They were just sitting down at the bench chatting while I was the only one studying lo. Haha. They just seem so relaxed. Well, so after some final revision of the concepts, I put my bag into the locker at about 2.15pm. Headed to the exam venue. The battlefield was: F2-46 classroom. Well its finally not the hall. Reach there at 2.15pm. Just hang around outside the classroom while I was cooling and calming myself down. 2.20pm, we were told to go into the room.

  • 2.20pm: Enter room, get my seat, prayed
  • 2.23pm: Get the papers and everything. Pass down the writing papers.
  • 2.25pm: Get the question paper.
  • 2.28pm: Waiting for someone who is late to come, so we cannot start early
  • 2.30pm: She didn't come in time, so we started the paper. Read read read.
  • 5.30pm: Finished the paper. Not feeling too fantastic about it but glad that it was finally over.
  • 5.40pm: Leave the exam room. No one was screaming coz everyone in the room won't end literature untill next friday.

Ok, so that concludes the 1st paper I need to take for Literature. Only 2 more papers left for literature. Papers 4 and 5. Both are not easy. Literature has never been an easy subject at all. Ok, so after the paper, the whole gang decided to go have dinner. So Bright, Winnie, Janice, Izzat, Evan, Jonathan and me went to Lot1 Food Culture to have dinner. Had this pretty tasty chicken cutlet and the soup was pretty good. Lol, after eating I slacked abit then needed to go off already. I have to go church lo. So I split from them at about 6.50pm then headed off to church.

Reached Yishun at about 7.15pm. I knew I would be late. So I just went to the bus interchange to take 804 to church. Didn't realise Jeff was the same bus as me. So I took the bus untill church then met Jeff in church. He told me he was on the same bus. Lol, what could I say... I wasn't looking. So reached church at about 7.45pm. Sang the last worship song. Haha. Then watch the movie. Christmas Child. It's a movie about a guy who was abandoned and then go to some town in Dallas called Clearwater to seek his past. Well, I managed to stay awake through the movie.

After church, went to eat with a whole bunch of people at 925. Mr Melvin drove once again this time and piloted Luke, Joshua, Bernice and me to 925. Lol. Didn't have money with me so I just drank Horlicks Ice. Cool huh. Spent some time crapping with a whole bunch of people. Trina, Feressa, Christine, Stephanie, my sister, Debrina, Dorothy, Alex, Maverick, Luke, Melvin, Joshua. Thats alot of people. 3 tables full of us. Pretty cool huh.

So after supper, Melvin sent the CCK bunch back, which includes Dorothy, Maverick, Bernice, Joshua, my sis and me. Yup. On the way, Christine asked me to go to Trina's house. I obliged. So when I reached home, I quickly did my workout then bathe then went out. Thats the reason why I didn't blog this post yesterday.

Took a cab at 1am then met Christine at Yishun then continued on to Trina's house at Hougang. Reached Trina's house at don't know what time. It is pretty interesting that I know the location of her house without needing to ask her. All based just on my intuition. Cool huh. Well, I've been there before so I roughly know where it is...

Ok, so just spent time in Trina's house. People present were: Trina, Christine, Stephanie, Debrina and me. So I just spent some time chatting with the girls, then I did some studying, then played PS then watched VCD. After that, everyone jus zoned out and all jus fell asleep on the floor. Next thing I knew was that my face was in someone's hair and I woke up. I think it was around 7.15am already. I did my devotion with just prayers coz my bible wasn't with me and then just hang around the living room. Woke Trina up at 8am coz she needed to go work, and she told me to give her another 10minutes. Woke her again at 8.15am and she told me to give her another 5 minutes. Woke her up at 8.30am and she didn't bother me. So I just went back to sleep. By the time I woke up, everyone else was awake. It was about 9.30am I think. Yup, then played PS with Christine while Debrina watched some korean VCD and Trina went to work and Stephanie was doing something in Trina's room.

After some time, at about 12pm I think, we all decided that we are hungry then went to have lunch at some hawker centre at Hougang Central. Then we took the North East Line down. Christine and I alighted at Dhoby Ghaut to transfer onto North South Line while Debrina took on to Outram Park to get onto East-West Line coz she lives at Redhill. Fell asleep on the train and Christine alighted at Yishun. She still got heart.sports after that. For me, I took on to Yew Tee then went home. Fell asleep when I reached home at about 3.30pm. Next thing I knew was that it was already 8.15pm so I just turned on my computer to start blogging.

Well, 2 more exam days left, 2 more papers. A'levels is finally coming to an end. Still got about 5 more days until the next paper come. I need to relax already. Last week's 5 consecutive papers has taken alot out of me and I eventually lost steam during the last two papers. I need to get back my energy, and then, FULL STEAM AHEAD!

No comments: